Oct 16, 2006

Does anyone use other websites than this one? I am a member here but am looking to increase my exposure!

Chris

Chris F.
Oct 21, 2006

I have also listed on www.myresortnetwork.com

Eric E.
Oct 22, 2006

www.bidshares.com

R P.
Oct 22, 2006

Timeshare Users Group http://www.tug2.net

Me M.
Nov 14, 2006

chris460 wrote:
Does anyone use other websites than this one? I am a member here but am looking to increase my exposure!

Chris

Another great site is www.timeshareforums.com This site is also free, same as TUG, but the format is different. I am impressed that Redweek is allowing these references to other sites. I do appreciate my membership here and get great results when I want to rent my owned weeks.

Sun or Snow T.
Nov 14, 2006

mem18 wrote:
Timeshare Users Group http://www.tug2.net

This is a great website with lots of information. The information is free, but you can get even more with a membership to the site, which I believe is only $15.00 per year. The owners there will help with any questions you might have about timeshare.

Sun or Snow T.
Nov 16, 2006

WorldMark owners gather at www.wmowners.com which has a very active discussion forum

Rich M.
Nov 16, 2006

chris460 wrote:

Chris

Redweek is the best w/ a good user-friendly format. i also belong to TUG, but always return to Redweek for some reason.

Diane B.
Nov 17, 2006

chris460 wrote:

Chris

Hi Chris, I actually sold my timeshare through use of Myresortnetwork.com. All but 2 inquiries were from them and one bought it. Hope this helps

Donna R.
Nov 25, 2006

I'm a renter only but have gone to TUG in the past. All it has done is fill up my in box with "send me money and I'll send you a fortune from a strange country". I think I've checked out them all but like the poster above said....I always return to Redweek! (and when asked about how we rent I send them here)

Nancy H.
Dec 05, 2006

I,ve used a company that charges no fees to sell your timeshare with good results, their web site is www.timesharesales.net, ask for Paula or Marji, they were very pleasant to deal with, they also have a web site that specializes in Disney Vaction Club resales, www.atimeshare.com ask to speak to Jaki or Carrie.

Dorothy S.

Last edited by dorothys37 on Dec 05, 2006 06:45 PM

Dec 05, 2006

Deleted by Phill

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Apr 17, 2007 09:36 PM

Dec 06, 2006

dorothys37 wrote:
I,ve used a company that charges no fees to sell your timeshare with good results, their web site is www.timesharesales.net, ask for Paula or Marji, they were very pleasant to deal with, they also have a web site that specializes in Disney Vaction Club resales, www.atimeshare.com ask to speak to Jaki or Carrie.

www.timesharesales.net charges no upfront fee to sell your timeshare. They do charge a $1500 flat fee IF they sell your timeshare (no matter the selling price) or a 15% percentage of anything over a $10,000 'sold' price.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 17, 2007 06:28 AM

Dec 06, 2006

www.atimeshare.com charges no upfront fee, but they do not list what their sales commission is on their webpage.

R P.
Apr 16, 2007

dorothys37 wrote:
did you sell a timeshare through them? i am lookig to sell my timesare at calypso cay i have a two bed room lock off unit with every other year odd years 450.00 maint. fee.

Geraldine K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 17, 2007 02:09 AM

Apr 18, 2007

Re: >> Redweek is the best w/ a good user-friendly format. i also belong to TUG, but always return to Redweek for some reason. <<

One particular feature I really like about RedWeek is the absence of any "postings count" in the forums. "Counting posts" is a feature which is prevalent on sites like TUG and Timeshare Forums (both of which I also like for other resons, including the participation of some VERY knowledgeable people). In my opinion, however, a "counter" seems to encourage (and clearly succeeds in eliciting) a lot of superfluous, content-free postings, by folks clearly pround of their say, 10,000th posting. Personally, I don't care how many posts someone has made, or how many years they have been in timeshare. I'm more interested in whether their posting is informative, engaging, thought provoking, etc. But that's just my personal opinion --certainly worth at least what you just paid for it...... ;-)

KC
Apr 18, 2007

I agree with your statement below regarding Tug.

There are some members there that post everything going on in their personal lives in the Lounge area and have been doing so for many years. Tug is supposed to be a timeshare related website, but there are some members who use it as their own personal internet blog to talk about themselves constantly AND there are those that post many nonsensical posts just to get their number of posts upped (I don't see the point).

Redweek's forums are about timeshares and timeshares ONLY, not members' personal lives. That's what blogs are for.

Kudos to Redweek.

ken1193 wrote:
One particular feature I really like about RedWeek is the absence of any "postings count" in the forums. "Counting posts" is a feature which is prevalent on sites like TUG and Timeshare Forums (both of which I also like for other resons, including the participation of some VERY knowledgeable people). In my opinion, however, a "counter" seems to encourage (and clearly succeeds in eliciting) a lot of superfluous, content-free postings, by folks clearly pround of their say, 10,000th posting. Personally, I don't care how many posts someone has made, or how many years they have been in timeshare. I'm more interested in whether their posting is informative, engaging, thought provoking, etc. But that's just my personal opinion --certainly worth at least what you just paid for it...... ;-)

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.