Report Abuse

Re: Telegence Group buying timeshares?

After reading all of the posts i want to offer my experience with Telegence group. i started the transaction a couple of months ago to get rid of a membership that my wife talked me into. When we first started considering selling our membership, the companies that approached us and even a couple web sellers showed us that, it's almost impossible to figure out listing companies that will post your membership for a fee, on a website that has no eyeballs, exit companies that will charge you to give them your membership or a company that just wants to scam you to buy your membership. The only reason why I went with Telegence is that everyone that I spoke to seemed well educated, unlike my experience with other companies that buy timeshares. The process started as described to me in the beginning, but due to changes with regulations in Mexico, the process had to be modified. With all the scary stuff on the internet about mexican timeshare scams, my wife and I decided not to continue with the transaction. When we told RD of our decision, he said that the buyer group was also feeling the same. After my wife spoke to Linda the compliance manager, Linda explained that it is a process to cancel the transaction. At the end of the day, we signed a rescission agreement that cancelled the original sales contract and we received our refund for the fees a week later. The money from the sale would have been great and needed, but we live our lives with better safe than sorry to guide us.