Report Abuse

Re: Re: Maintenance Fee went to collections

[Q=jeffo185] I contacted Wesley financial group and they told me that since my maintenance fees are in collections then they (vacation villages of parkway) have terminated our ownership. He said we just have to settle with collections and will be free of our timeshare. Anyone else hear of this?[/Q] If you have accurately portrayed what Wesley Financial Group allegedly told you, rest assured that what you were told is absolutely [b]100%[/b] [b]wrong[/b] and [b]completely[/b] inaccurate. An account being turned over to collections simply means that company reps are going to hound you to get your fees paid up to date. However, [b]whether or not[/b] you get your account paid up, you [b]will remain[/b] the owner of record. If you choose to get the account current, you can then (and not until then) request to "deedback" your ownership, but please understand very clearly that, even if your account is fully paid up, a resort is still under [b]no[/b] obligation to ever accept any such "deedback" request at any time. Is that fair? Perhaps not. Is it nonetheless indisputable fact? Absolutely. The [b]ONLY[/b] way you can be "free of your timeshare" is when there is a new owner of record, whether by "deedback", or by lawful transfer of your deed to someone else, or by foreclosure. Until and unless one of those things happens, make no mistake --- you [b]remain[/b] the owner, with all of the associated legal obligations, like it or not. Don't shoot the messenger.