Report Abuse

Seems Vistana/Marriott has new policy in order for Redweek to confirm owner reservations.

As a long time owner at Westin KOR North and also a Redweek member who has previously posted our verified villas on Redweek, I recently went through a stressful and overly stringent and complicated process for Redweek to confirm with Vistana/Marriott a reservation I wanted to post. It all worked out, but apparently Vistana has changed its rules in communicating with Redweek in order to confirm owner held reservations, and/ or the Redweek agent I worked with was not aware of these changes because her initial phone call with me implied the reservation was not as described. After several phone calls, emails and finally a conference call between me, the Redweek agent, and a Vistana agent the reservation was confirmed and is now posted. I called Vistana and learned that because of the ongoing merger with Marriott they will not release or confirm information about owner held reservations to Redweek without your company having more specific information about the owner. Can Redweek please update owners regarding this new verification process with Vistana? I hope that this process is in time simplified. Thank you for any information you can offer regarding this issue.