Report Abuse

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Ok, I just got a phone message from the original agent saying that he has the closing papers ready to sign. I strongly suspect this is being done to try to keep me from opting out (I have to send them a "opt out letter" which we are probably doing tomorrow). I've told him if he truly does have a buyer (willing to pay way too much IMO) to fax me the papers immediately and I'll examine them. I expressed my concerns that he's scamming me since he hasn't put anything in writing beyond what their contract says (and it's wrong in a couple of places). Is there anything I should look for to see if the closing papers he faxes are authentic or just something put together in his office to make me believe there is a serious offer? Or should I probably just go with my gut that this is way too good to be true and he's just trying to keep me from opting out until their opt out period has passed? I think I'll use a little test...He says he can sell my timeshare for over $15K. I'll offer to sell it to him for $5k. He covers all expenses and resells it himself and he can make a big profit. Anyone want to make any guesses on the response I get LOL