Report Abuse

Re: Seems Vistana/Marriott has new policy in order for Redweek to confirm owner reservations.

We are four-week owners at both Westin KOR North and Marriott's Newport Coast Villas (purchased in 2006 and 2007, respectively). At Newport Coast we own 4th of July fixed week, plus 3 additional Platinum weeks, always reserve 4 consecutive July weeks every year, and can do so 13 months in advance because of our multi-week ownership. For over ten years, we always received one of our three choices for villa location requests in ocean view buildings. This year, when we attempted to submit the location request for a reservation with an "additional guest" added, the property had internally taken the reservation out of our name, put the guest name on it, and issued a different reservation number. My app reservation history showed my reservation "cancelled." After several calls to owner services and the property, the back office of owner services reinstated my reservation into my name. However, in the process, I have learned that if a "guest" checks in, they are no longer receiving my booking priority for villa location. The property says they have so many rentals, they will give location priority first to "owners" checking in, and process "guests" second. Recently, we received an email from Vistana advising Marriott and Vistana vacation club brands online systems are being integrated. Unfortunately, I suspect this means Vistana / Westin KOR N will begin instituting the same tactics as Marriott Vac Club, designed to make it more and more challenging and difficult to rent weeks. Has anyone else experienced this??