Report Abuse

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts

I own three weeks of 3bedroom units. weeks 13, 14 and 16. We normally do not use the week 16. Since I also have a points week at the Marcus Vacation Cl;ub. I am a member of RCI for both points and weeks. I was told that Orange Lake was going to points, with Global access, so I checked it out to see if there was a benefit. In the past I would deposit my week with RCI, and then convert the deposit week to points with RCI. I was told that with Orange Lake going to points that I could no longer do that. (convert a deposited week to points.) This made me look in to Global Access. Anyway I was told that I could convert my weeks into Global Access points for $1295.00 per week. For this I would get 222,000 Global Access points for each week or 111,000 RCI points. (they used to give me 76,000 RCI points for my deposited week). ANyway when we inquired about Global we found an honest and helpful person (at RCI) that said there were so many problems with the program that old owners like ourselves would be grandfathered and still will be allowed to deposit our week with RCI and then convert it to RCI points. (but you must have a points account)We tried it and it worked, so for my needs I see no reason to consider payong to Global Access. The communication with the people at Global has been awful, and you apparently ran into some liars. If you own a deeded week, it is yours and worth whatever you can sell it for or worth what you get out of using the week. There is no reason why you could not "get in" to use your week in your unit.