Report Abuse

Re: Spain trip

[Q=adahiscout] [Q=samuelb15] [Q=adahiscout] We are going to Spain in October for the first time, staying in Malaga for a week and then taking a cruise out of Barcelona. What airline and route did you take to Spain? We are hoping to use our Northwest Frequent Flyer miles at least as far a Lisbon, but it get a bit hazey after that! Looks like we have to fly from Lisbon to Madrid by way of---Prague? Did you use the train inside Spain? Rent a car? I'd love to get your advice. MD[/Q] I'd be amazed if you had to go via Prague !! Train travel in Europe is pretty good and car hire in Spain can be quite inexpensive. Compared to some of the distances you might drive in the states, Lisbon to Madrid shouldn't be too bad. Try www.skyscanner.net for low cost flights within Europe.[/Q] ========== I'll check that site, thanks. My husband has been doing some looking for rental cars and has the impression that they are all stick shifts in Spain--which he has never driven in his life! Maybe we should go sit down with AAA and pick their brains! MD[/Q] Hi again - automatic transmissions should be available in most of the major car rental sites in Europe.