Report Abuse

Re: buy timeshare

Added a few extra thoughts! Just as a guideline for your investigation, I've checked out selling my Westgate TS (2br, sleeps 6, every year usage) . 1) The price to you from a high-pressure sales person at on-site resale, probably $25,000 or more. (Upon reflection, I don't think that our Westgate resort does resales, so you can't even offload a TS onto them.) 2) The resale scam artists say, "They're selling for around $17,000." (When you pressure them to provide real proof that that's what they've sold equivalent units for, they can't come up with it, of course.) 3) On eBay, I'd be VERY lucky to get $4,000. So I'm keeping it, hoping that a hurricane blows it away some year. My advice: 1) Buy a good unit somewhere at a cheap price but with the LOWEST maintenance fees you can find, then you can trade into wherever you might want to go (with enough notice.) Beware of requirements of having to pay your annual fees IN ADVANCE in order to book a unit more than a year ahead. 2) Rent a unit through this site. 3) Buy a good unit through this site--and there's a great selction out there. Make sure it's every-year use. Or even- OR odd-year use at about half the price of every-year use. 4) Buy a unit that you will use without having to incur expensive travel fees to get to. We inherited our unit in Florida and have never used it because we couldn't afford to fly six people there from the other side of the country. (However it's a great unit for trading elsewhere.)