Report Abuse

"Wastegate"

[Q=jayjay] [Q=ken1193]I have no personal knowledge or opinion regarding the Westgate company or of any of its properties. That clearly stated right up front, I will mention that a number of knowledgeable and experienced TUG folks who own Westgate properties have NOTHING good to say about this company. Some actually refer to it as "Wastegate". One fellow (a Westgate owner), says (only somewhat in jest) as a P.S. to all of his posts, that the Westgate slogan is: "When it comes to the worst, we are the best". Food for thought, to consider with other input.[/Q] [b]Actually, I know of only two Tug members (well one is a Tug member, the other is a freeloader and has been for many years .... see guest under his name) keep pounding negatives against Westgate, which has made many Westgate owners unhappy who are paying members of Tug. The freeloader loves controversy and always has. While there have been personal legal problems with Westgate's CEO, which one Tug poster (the freeloader) keeps beating that drum incessantly, that has nothing to do with how satisfied Westgate timeshare owners are .....apples to oranges. The key word in your last sentence is [i]one fellow[/i] quoting his slogan. I don't see a mass of owners following his lead, but the man still owns at Westgate. If I hated a resort where I owned that much, I would get rid of it in a New York minute.[/b][/Q] ================================================ I don't disagree with anything you've said above, but I also don't actually ever see much objection expressed on TUG to the negative "Wastegate" postings there. The current Westgate owner I quoted who obviously so despises Westgate management is clearly well respected by other TUG members. The "guest" on TUG you refer to is a former Westgate owner himself. I certainly agree that he is an "argumentative" sort and a bit of a "know-it-all" as well. Nonetheless, he IS a former Westgate owner. All the foregoing aside, my intent was just to make a prospective Westgate buyer aware of the observations and opinions of others outside of RedWeek forums regarding Westgate. As clearly stated already, I have NO personal knowledge or experience (or opinion) myself regarding Westgate, and certainly no ax to grind concerning them. Given that timeshare weeks are usually much easier to buy than they are to sell, I think any prospective buyer should assess all the input they can possibly get before buying --- good, bad or indifferent. Or, just to repeat... Food for thought, to consider with other input.