Report Abuse

"Wastegate"

[Q=ken1193] I don't disagree with anything you've said above, but I also don't actually ever see much objection expressed on TUG to the negative "Wastegate" postings there. The current Westgate owner I quoted who obviously so despises Westgate management is clearly well respected by other TUG members. The "guest" on TUG you refer to is a former Westgate owner himself. I certainly agree that he is an "argumentative" sort and a bit of a "know-it-all" as well. Nonetheless, he IS a former Westgate owner. All the foregoing aside, my intent was just to make a prospective Westgate buyer aware of the observations and opinions of others outside of RedWeek forums regarding Westgate. As clearly stated already, I have NO personal knowledge or experience myself regarding Westgate, and certainly no ax to grind concerning them. Given that timeshare weeks are usually much easier to buy than they are to sell, I think any prospective buyer should assess all the input they can get before buying --- whether that input is good, bad or indifferent.[/Q] [b]Actually there have been many satisfied Westgate owners that have objected to the continuous bashing by the two people mentioned above on Tug. They have said that they hesitate to post on Westgate threads due to being harrassed by the two argumentative posters as has happened in the past. Once again, if I hated a resort and it's owner then I would sell immediately. Continously trashing a resort is repetitious and boring. That's what Tug resort reviews are for, not the BBS. The two posters have had their say concerning Westgate ..... it's time to move on. The freeloader was on a tangent bashing Orange Lake a few years ago and kept the trashing going adnauseum, but he continued to trade into that resort every year. Why Brian and the moderators let this continue is beyond my imagination. Just look at how the two negative posters concerning Westgate influenced your thinking when you admitted you knew nothing about Westgate but what you read on Tug. Posts are merely opnions, no more no less.[/b]