Report Abuse

Planning a Trip

Hey guys, I'm excited to be a new member of this forum. I have read some great posts and am excited to share some of my travel planning tips and would love to hear about how you plan for your trips. * One of the first things I do before I book my trip, is decide where I want to go and when. Sometimes where I am going is already decided on (family trip or event) but usually I get to decide. I will choose a specific place or general area and compare flight prices. This is usually going to be the most expensive part of my travel (when travelling with just me and a companion) so I weight this a lot more. I make sure I consider factors that would affect my trip for example work, holidays etc. and try to find the best time to go. I also take in account the time of year I am going and the pricing. I make sure before I book my trip, that I know the breakdown of costs. The worse is booking a part of your trip then realizing the trip is going to cost way more than you want to pay or afford. Be smart and look ahead and if you have to put off your trip for a few months, it's better than running out of money or not being prepared. Here is a breakdown of things to consider before travelling. Adding up total costs: * flights * vacation rentals (hotels, houses, etc) * food * other transportation * activities * emergency and insurance * souvenirs