Report Abuse

Paid off but unwanted timeshare with no market value...

[Q=philiph92] So, back to the original poster's question: If he can't sell it and can't give it away, how does he get rid of it?[/Q] I don't see any indication from the OP that he attempted to get Raintree to release him. This is apparently a "vacation club membership" (as opposed to a deeded ownership). It's certainly no skin off their nose to release him from his contract and they have already collected plenty of money from him over the years. He's fully paid up (presumably with his annual fees as well). He is in a good position to at least ASK for contract cancellation --- he'll never know the answer until and unless he first asks the question. If that effort fails, since this product really has zero value or appeal in the open resale market, OP can simply make the choice to STOP paying anything further. Just STOP. The vacation club membership will obviously be terminated at some point thereafter --- so what? There is no unpaid loan, so "default" (and subsequent negative credit report) is not an issue of concern. If I was in the OP's shoes (considering the product involved, his age, his solid account status), I would contract Raintree and politely give them TWO very simple, black and white choices --- release me from this contract now, or this is my goodbye call. Pick one. Conversation over.