Report Abuse

My car rental problem.

All I can say is ****BUYER BEWARE***** I booked through Kayak aon 2/15/18 and I thought I was booking through Thrifty, which the website stated. I made a huge mistake when it took me to a third party site, Holidaycars.com. I should have known better when it asked me for my credit card but I wanted to make sure I had a car reserved. I booked the car for three days at LAX. My wife informed me later that we could use my daughters car for two days so I needed to change the reservation. I could not get through to Holidaycars.com and could not change the reservation on their website. When I arrived at Thrifty I again stated that I needed to change the reservation to one day but they spend an hour and could not. They gave me a new reservation. When I dropped the car off I again notified them that I needed to change the reservation. The agent said he took care of it. On my credit card I saw that I had been charged for three days from Holidaycars.com and one day from Thrifty. After numerous calls to both, Holidaycar.com is based in the Netherlands, they noted their fine print and would not reimburse me. Therefore, trying to save a only a few dollars costed me $177. I thought by using a legit website like Kayak and car company like Thrifty I would be protected but I was wrong. I can only tell you about my experience so you can make your own determination.