Report Abuse

Renting Timeshare Exchange

[Q=johnb2763] I have two units confirmed for Loreto - Villa Del Palma Nov 3-10th, 2018. These are exchanges from my home property - Marriott Newport Coast. Can I rent these thru RedWeek? I have both certificates and a guest transfer fee is all that is needed - $69/unit. Please advise....[/Q] In their terms and conditions of membership, RCI and II both clearly and specifically prohibit the rental of exchanges obtained through them. Getting caught in violation can result in membership suspension or termination, with outright cancellation of the exchange. I have no knowledge of the policies or practices of other exchange companies. Any tenant-to-be should [b]always[/b] verify they are not getting themselves involved with rental of a week obtained via RCI or II exchange. It would be a shame to make plans, incur travel costs and later be denied occupancy upon arrival. Do people often "get away with" overtly violating this RCI and II policy prohibiting the rental of weeks obtained by exchange? Yes. Do you want to risk paying the consequences if caught being a participant (on [b]either[/b] end of the transaction) violating this clear and specific prohibition? I guess that's a personal decision...