Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by T M.):

g333s Clearly you are trying to deflect the points I made. Are you a Marriott salesperson? I know I can make a reservation the old way. The info you just wrote about some inventory not being available to make a reservation because it was unsold weeks should not apply at my resort. Years ago when we bought our week we were told that almost all the inventory was sold (Platinum season). Was that a half-truth by a salesperson also? I stated that it was hard to get a reservation for a week during Platinum season that I own BEFORE the points system started. Now it will be even harder if to get a reservation at my resort if "Points" reservations are made 13 weeks out - for the platinum season that I own in. Marriott is giving "Points" users that 1 month advantage when making a reservation because they essentially pay more to stay at the resort I own. Also Marriott got my money years ago. So it was spent years ago - so they need a new revenue stream. The high maintenance fee is not enough to appease the beast. I was very loyal to Marriott. It does not appear that Marriott wants to reciprocate that loyalty with owners.