Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by KC):

Re; >> I would report this company and its scam tactics to the Florida Attorney General. <<

Re: >> I hope that all upfront fee timeshare resale companies are, one day, run completely out of business by the law. <<

As I've openly stated in these forums, I have no use whatsoever for these parasitic so-called "resale" companies. Parasites is really the only appropriate (polite) word for them.

That said, in regard to "the law", it's important to remember that there is not necessarily any ILLEGAL activity involved in their unseemly practices, absent outright fraud -- and the parasites know this full well. Accordingly, don't get your hopes too high for any real interest or involvement of any state Attorney General, in the absence of commission of any outright fraud. These parasites knowingly and willfully prey upon the vulnerable state of mind of (sometimes desperate) sellers, that's a fact. However, do not fail to acknowledge that the would-be sellers VOLUNTARILY participate. They are not coerced or tortured; they CHOOSE to pay. They MAKE THE DECISION to pay big bucks for little more than a shabby web site listing, based on emotions, hopes and unfounded optimism.

I too would like to see all of these parasites disappear from this planet forever. But until and unless there are laws firmly in place to specifically prohibit their practices, it's (unfortunately) relevant to make the distinction between unsavory vs. illegal.

CAVEAT EMPTOR (Buyer Beware)