Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Royal HOliday is a scam (by Aleksandra M.):

ROYAL HOLIDAY IS A FRAUD!!! 20/20 exposed their scam a few years ago, and more recently "La Facture" exposed their continued scam in Dominican. While on vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic at Grand Paradise we were approached by a guy offering a tour of the resort and free t-shirts. He took us upstairs and we had to sign saying we would listen to a presentation. So much for the tour?! An hour turned into 4 hours. First we sat down with Nelson. He "bought" us several alcoholic drinks. A waitress comes right to your table where they are explaining the program to you. Then when you sign the contract you have to sign that you WEREN'T served alcoholic drinks! (of course, because it's illegal). To make a long story short, some of the points is they showed us this limo that you supposedly get picked up in when you travel, not true, you take a bus like everyone else. They take you to this room with jacuzzi, living room, the works and promise you will always get this sort of room or BETTER. When I called to book they told me it's a regular room, but not to worry becasue it's a 5 star hotel (still not what they showed us during the sales presentation). They told us all inclusive is $35 per person per day, then turned out to be actually $80 per person per day. It's cheaper to book the same room/vacation directly yourself than through Royal Holiday. They'll tell you everything is booked. We weren't even able to use it this year. They will make all kinds of promises during the sales pitch, then after you sign none of those promises are true. THen you find out you signed a clause in the contract stating that all verbal statements are not valid unless in writing. (which by law is misrepresentation) I refuse to pay the annual fee!!! Now my credit score is doomed! Looking for other "members" to join forces and start a class action lawsuit! Put it this way, if you don't pay your membership fees you can use the money for a good lawyer! has anyone had any success in cancelling? I even complained to Better Business Bureau, but don't seem to be getting anywhere.... They are SO unethical!