Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: My timeshare is paid in full, but I just don't want it anymore (by Steve P.):

When I recently called Raintree Vacation Club to try and "give it back"... I was told that my membership has an expiration date of 2046. Incredible!!! I did throw it up on Facebook and offered it for sale for $500, which I mentioned is basically the cost of the title transfer. I have a buddy at my gym that is interested. He's a perfect candidate, just retired, single and no kids.

The maintenance fee is due at the end of January, ($1300). I'm going to call RTVC one more time and basically tell them that I can no longer afford the maintenance fee and can also no longer use it. I'm going to TRY and go as HIGH as I can (ie... supervisors). If my buddy doesn't take it off my hands... I'm going to tell RTVC not to expect any further $$ from me. See what happens. It may hurt my credit for 7 years, but my wife has perfect credit as well. Thanks