Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: My timeshare is paid in full, but I just don't want it anymore (by KC):

donp196 wrote:
That's an interesting point . If you default on payments then they have to take you to court to get a judgement before they could report it to the credit agencies . If they went through all that then you might have a problem . I know you can dispute negative report and the credit agencies have been more sympathetic to the consumer in matters like this . That may give you some leverage to negotiate an exit from your contract .

Like Ken said it might be worth the effort to contact someone at Raintree and make an offer . It might even consider paying a local attorney to send the letter for you . Good luck .

A few relevant points may be worth mentioning. Many states now provide for "non-judicial" foreclosure --- greatly expedited proceedings which involve much less time, effort and legal expense than the historical long-ball court proceedings route.

That said, abandoning a MEMBERSHIP, in which nothing is actually "owned" to have to be "retrieved" in the first place, probably does not fall into the category of "foreclosure", per se. It would merely be a "membership cancellation". In any event, I frankly don't think or believe that many (if any) "vacation clubs" would exert one iota of effort toward negative credit reporting for a fully paid off (but now abandoned) "paper membership", since there is no value or ownership to be "recovered" anyhow (as would be the case, by contrast, with a deeded timeshare ownership). OP should perhaps consider consulting a licensed attorney is his own geographic area. The Internet is really no place to just blindly accept advice from unknown others in any matter of potential legal consequence.