Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Get out of Westgate Resorts (by KC):

cherylf250 wrote:
My husband and I own a timeshare at Westgate Leisure Resort . 1 week every odd year. We no longer want it nor can we afford it. Bought and used it since 2008. It is paid for and we have tried to sell it but only have run into scammers. We wouldn't be able to rent it for what we are paying in taxes and fees. We did not pay the fees or taxes for 2017. We don't trust anything they say and don't want to pay $900.00 US to get out of this plus what is now owed. Canadian dollars don't go as far as they did in 2008. We just feel that they got enough of our money. Just wondering if they will eventually just take this timeshare back and leave us alone.

It's not clear to me from your post whether or not there is still any unpaid loan balance in addition to prior year(s) unpaid fees. If there is no unpaid loan involved, Westgate will eventually just foreclose (after some collection efforts which you can simply ignore) and that will be the end of it. However, if there is a unpaid loan balance on which you default, there will likely be some negative credit report consequences. Negative credit report may or may not be of any particular concern to you, depending on whether you'll be seeking any loans or mortgages anytime in the seven years after defaulting on the loan.

Unfortunately, there is little or no point in trying to sell (or even give away for free) a Westgate timeshare in the resale market. Westgate reservation policy constraints, unfairly imposed upon all resale Westgate ownerships, essentially make resale purchases nearly worthless in the secondary market.