Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Limited options... (by KC):

msgg wrote:
I recently purchased a timeshare through Westgate and have regretted the decision everyday since. Immediately, after purchasing I was hit with numerous fees on top of the monthly payment. Nothing that was mentioned to me during the high pressure sales pitch, has been seen. For the monthly price of the timeshare, I could have gone on several vacations. Im so disappointed that such a large timeshare would prey and deceive hardworking people for their gain. Im considering the foreclosure route because i'm approaching 1 yr of ownership and have nothing to show but high monthly payments. I want out immediately!

You are obviously well beyond the time period provided by applicable state law to rescind (cancel) the contract; that ship has sailed.

Your options are very few at this point. One is to simply allow foreclosure to occur, which will inevitably happen at some point. You mention "monthly payments", so I assume that a loan is involved. If you unilaterally default on the loan without any negotiation with Westage, a negative credit report is inevitable and it will remain in place for seven years. Your other option is to "pony up" the Westgate demand fees to be released from the contract more immediately. There are otherwise simply no magical escape routes or any secret potions or processes.

Wastegate is among the slimiest and most predatory of all timeshare companies in the USA, in my personal opinion. Only the timeshare sales weasels operating in Mexico are worse. Do whatever you need to do to escape their slimy clutches.