Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Marriott Vacation Club Points (by Lisa T.):

Hello, I too am a Legacy owner (3 bedroom lock-off Orlando area) but want to purchase 'resale' week at a particular Marriott resort. I'm happy to just come back to the possible 'resale' week resort (as I enjoy it here) but know I can use ii for trading. The questions are: did you buy at a Marriott (resale) that had low maintenance fees and use ii to get the Marriott resort where you wanted to vacation? Do you recommend buying a premium week vs. a lower-valued week? A few years back I was working directly with Marriott in purchasing a week, and he recommended looking for a property that had low maintenance fees. Also, do you have a resale agency you prefer to use? Sounds like one really needs a reputable agency that is familiar with all the hidden details of buying a Marriott resale. Thank you in advance.

In addition: THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who posts about NOT buying points with Marriott; or at the very least opening our eyes to all the problems and hidden costs with purchasing resale points. If someone understands all the minutia involved with resale points, it still seems like a better price per point

Lisa T.