Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Re: Marriott Vacation Club Points (by Robert H.):

Hi Lisa, My husband Bob and I own a Legacy, Platinum, High Season Ski week at Marriott's Summit Watch, in Park City, UT. It is a 2BR Villa lock-off. Simply stated, you have the ability to lock-off the 2BR Villa and have two weeks of personal usage or rental every year. Platinum ski weeks command high rental value. They also have strong leverage to trade into worldwide resorts. For example, we used the lock-off option and were able to take a two week vacation to Hawaii (Marriott's Maui Ocean Club and Ko Olina Beach Club).

This is a rare property because Marriott is no longer selling Legacy TimeShares, rather they are selling very expensive point-based properties. For example, our Legacy TS if converted to points would have a value of roughly $53,100. Unfortunately these points come with challenges. Marriott places high point values on popular weeks such as ski weeks, holiday weeks and popular vacation destinations. They try telling you points add flexibility to your travel plans. What they don't tell you is the constant added expense to buy more expensive points to support your travel needs and how difficult it is to book point based vacations!

In the interest of trying to preserve an affordable, 1-2 week annual Legacy vacation program, which can be used worldwide without paying for endless expensive points, we will be listing our TS for sale in the near future.

In the meantime, I can provide more information and answer any questions you may have.

Warm regards, Donna H. email: dlh1426@gmail.com