Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Re: Traveling to Mexico – Share Your Thoughts (by Suzette R.):

Over the course of 20 year our family has travelled extensively to many areas of Mexico. There is currently a turf war between two Cartels. This is occurring mostly in the Playa Del Carmen and Cancun areas. We are avoiding that area. Check travel advisories. We used to rent a vehicle and do not anymore. We get ground transportation and mostly stay within the vicinity of the resort. I feel safest in Puerta Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta. We have stayed at a few Villa Groups. Our favorites are Villa del Palmar in San Jose Del Cabo and the Villa Del Flamingo in Puerta Vallarta. Have been to Rancho Banderas and Marisol and that’s also a favorite in Nuevo Vallarta. We love Punta Mita and Villa Group is adding a new resort there soon. We were so impressed with The Embarc in Zihuatanejo but the stairs omg. The pool and swim up bar are important to us and we had so much fun at theirs. Spa experiences are also important to us amd Yhe Villa Group has some amazing ones. We stayed at Vidanta and did not like it at all. The property is vast and complicated to navigate without having a cart driver that you wait for at different spots. The restaurants were always a challenge to get to and the “wait”. The beach is in the distance and I prefer beachfront. That area of Puerta Vallarta makes it expensive to get off property and out of that entire vicinity. Love the Paradise Village spa but again do not like that area of PV. I love all of the Royal properties in Cancun. Our family rarely purchases all inclusive because we do enjoy taking a cab or walking to nearby restaurants before dark. Sometimes we will purchase it just for the first few days but they discontinued that and only do the last few days of your stay. There are still some resorts that offer optional all inclusive. I have realized with much travel that if the name of the resort has the word Grand or Palace in it it’s not for us. We like a smaller property where most or all of the rooms face the ocean is steps away. Happy and Safe Travels.