Travel Tips & Advice

My car rental problem.

Jun 16, 2011

Hi, friends, I have a problem with my car rental. can you tell me who can help me? This March I rent a car from http://holidaycars.com/ ,I paid $300 to this web for the car. But when I went to Rent company to pick up my car,the car that I ordered from holidaycars.com is not available.So I upgraded car. But the supplier told me they did not receive the rent($300) from holidaycars.com, so I must pay all for the car.Then I paid $437 again. Then I sent emails to Holidaycars.com 3 times, But after 3 months, they did not give me any good answer? So,I contacted with FOX rent again.FOX rent told me they charge me all for the car, they know nothing about $300 from holidaycars.com. I think I pay double. So I contacted Holidaycars.com again. But they still have not any enthusiasm to help me to solve this question. Now almost 3 months passed. I believe I can not get any answer from holidaycar.com. My friends, can you tell me which department can help me to solve this problem? Thank you very much.

Xiazhao Z.
Jun 17, 2011

xiazhaoz wrote:
Hi, friends, I have a problem with my car rental. can you tell me who can help me?

This March I rent a car from http://holidaycars.com/ ,I paid $300 to this web for the car. But when I went to Rent company to pick up my car,the car that I ordered from holidaycars.com is not available.So I upgraded car. But the supplier told me they did not receive the rent($300) from holidaycars.com, so I must pay all for the car.Then I paid $437 again. Then I sent emails to Holidaycars.com 3 times, But after 3 months, they did not give me any good answer? So,I contacted with FOX rent again.FOX rent told me they charge me all for the car, they know nothing about $300 from holidaycars.com. I think I pay double. So I contacted Holidaycars.com again. But they still have not any enthusiasm to help me to solve this question. Now almost 3 months passed. I believe I can not get any answer from holidaycar.com. My friends, can you tell me which department can help me to solve this problem? Thank you very much.

They're just another scam like all the other travel scams. About the only thing you can do is file a complaint with the attorney general in the state the scammers are located. That's why it's important to go with a name brand car rental company and not an unknown entity.

R P.
Aug 19, 2011

I am totally agreed with Jayjay, its a car rental scam you faced. Before booking about anything whether for hotel, car rental, resorts and tickets for air, trains and so on always be active and aware about the people and website from which you take such services. JayJay give you right suggestion to file a complaint at attorney general.

Keath J.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 19, 2011 11:28 PM

Sep 16, 2011

I agree also with jayjay. try to book directly with the local car rental company.

Jack J.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 16, 2011 06:55 PM

Sep 20, 2011

The very first thing with a car rental is to put it on a major credit card, they then are the only operation you have to deal with. Secondly no reputable car rental company wants to get on bad side of any credit card company. Make some noise to your credit card company. If you paid cash for this deal, generally you are SOL.

Charles K.
Feb 05, 2013

It's just another car scam that you have been victim of. I sometimes feel so bad about how some people can be so rogue. You can take a legal action against them. You can ask the credit card company to try and help you out. I would also say you to be careful next time you book a car. Hope you get your money back.

Jerome T.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 05, 2013 08:09 AM

Jun 23, 2017

Also had a problem with them I was scammed too. This is what my complaint to them was:

I booked this reservation for a Nissan Altima or similar. When I got to Economy Car rental I was told it was booked as a standard Car and their standard car was a Nissan Sentra. They did not have any Altima's available and that is considered a Full Size Car and is more money. I feel like you pulled a bait and switch on me . I could have rented the Sentra from many companies for less money. You misrepresented the car I would be getting. I was shown an Altima and the confirmation said Altima, but also said SDNR which I now found out meant standard. I am unhappy and feel swindled. I will never use your company again. I couldn't even call you because you don't have a USA phone # . I will also be giving you a bad review.

Julie Z.
Mar 10, 2018

All I can say is ****BUYER BEWARE***** I booked through Kayak aon 2/15/18 and I thought I was booking through Thrifty, which the website stated. I made a huge mistake when it took me to a third party site, Holidaycars.com. I should have known better when it asked me for my credit card but I wanted to make sure I had a car reserved. I booked the car for three days at LAX. My wife informed me later that we could use my daughters car for two days so I needed to change the reservation. I could not get through to Holidaycars.com and could not change the reservation on their website. When I arrived at Thrifty I again stated that I needed to change the reservation to one day but they spend an hour and could not. They gave me a new reservation. When I dropped the car off I again notified them that I needed to change the reservation. The agent said he took care of it. On my credit card I saw that I had been charged for three days from Holidaycars.com and one day from Thrifty. After numerous calls to both, Holidaycar.com is based in the Netherlands, they noted their fine print and would not reimburse me. Therefore, trying to save a only a few dollars costed me $177. I thought by using a legit website like Kayak and car company like Thrifty I would be protected but I was wrong. I can only tell you about my experience so you can make your own determination.

Luis V.
Aug 30, 2018

Unfortunately very bad experience. Quite confusing and complicated website. Vehicles that are not really available are also offered. Overcomplicated terms of conditions. I have been waiting for the shuttle bus for almost 45 minutes. Then was told at the desk of car rental provider that there is no reservation like mine in their database. So I decide to make a new reservation for the same car directly in the office. But there was no car like this, only other and worse models. They offered me another vehicle, of course, at a higher price. It was late night and friend of mine was already waiting for me in the next city, so I agreed. Suddenly this particular car rental was not able to accept my card for the payment. Then I take Uber to the airport, went to a Europcars, rent the exact car I wanted with no probs using the same card. After my trip I asked StealidayCars for a refund of my "non existing" reservation. Surprisingly I was told they are not able to refund me, because I have already agreed the terms of conditions. They probably did not even investigate the case. Sorry but seems like a cheap trick to me. Definitely a sad experience and also hope my last with StealidayCars.

Adam H.
Oct 04, 2018

I agree also with previous commentatrors. Please, try to book directly with the local car rental company or find proven company on the Internet, if there is such an opportunity.

Garry O.
Mar 21, 2021

I have heard about several such stories

Lucya S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.