Rentals

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Rentals (by KC):

Bear in mind that most timeshare ownerships, with the exception of "Points"-based products, are full week ownerships. Owners of such weeks (among whom I number) pay an annual maintenance fee for their week. That annual maintenance fee is the same whether that week sits empty for the week or whether it is used for 1 day, 7 days, or any number of days in between. When "weeks" owners rent out their week, they take into account those annual maintenance fee costs --- which are certainly not reduced if their owned week happens to get used for less than 7 days.

Anyway, I'd suggest first finding a advertised rental of interest to you --- and then inquiring if there is any flexibility with either number of days of occupancy or rental cost. Maybe yes, maybe no. My own position as a full fixed week owner, although I only occasionally rent out any of my weeks, is "this is the rental cost for my week; the price is not negotiable whether you stay for the full week or for less than the full week". Points owners in some systems (like Wyndham) may have much more flexibility than a "week" owner, since they can sometimes make reservations for less than a full week and not have to use a full weeks' worth of their allocated points. Hope this helps you at least a little. Good luck.