What a DUMP

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Orange Lake Country Club reviews (by Daniel W.):

feliciab2

feliciab2 wrote:
susanw275 wrote:
Felicia: We are still here and have played golf with a couple who are staying for two weeks in one of the rennovated units. They love it and as we did, they found OLCC on the web and were not sure until we got here, exactly what to expect.

I would suggest you get here right on time to check in (2:00) and specifiy what you want. They have been completely pro visitor, in my opinion. If you want a first floor bec. of the children's ages, ask for that. if the view is more important, ask for that. We have found the personel to be very accommodating. Your children will love the pools and planned activities. They are great for all ages.

As I swim my early AM laps in the warm pool, I see the older folks at stretch exercise. There are so many pools of different sorts. You have to look around. There are two mini golf courses, two 18 holes and two nines. The landscaping is beautiful and there is not a paper or blade of grass out of place.

It really saddens me that the title of this message that Tim wrote has stuck. That is what people are going to see if they don't read this whole thing. Nothing could be less true, and we are particular. If something needs fixing, they are there within the hour. I wanted my windows washed where the sprinkler had been wetting them and there was green stuff. The maintenance man was there immediately and washed the porch and the windows with Clorox. We get a complimentary cleaning when staying more than a week, all the kitchens are uniformly outfitted. We have stayed in many different units over the years and have not been disappointed.

As far as the reno being done before you get here? It is probably never done as they have so many units, it is an ongoing process. I have inquired and have been told that every 7 years, everything is done over. These a very nicely appointed units and we, as grandparents think they are especially well done for children. Teens seem to have a great deal of fun here, too and we hope to continue doing our family vacations with our five grandchildren and their parents until they are in their teens and can't leave school.

We can see the fireworks of two Disney Parks from the landing and the entrances are four miles away. Even we old folks like Epcot and had a great dinner at the french restaunant the other night, however, the best place to eat is the new River Island Grill. Great food, better than any and very family friendly.

I hope that this gives you a little confidence. I think you chose correctly and I would be more than happy to answer any more questions you have. We own and operate a summer resort and are very interested in this kind of business (tho ours is 1/100th the size of this), it amazes us how they do this so well. It is a huge undertaking, and I sure don't see what the fuss was about, except that unfortunately for Tim, it was probably a busy time and he wasn't handled correctly. I wish his experience had been better, but sometimes a person can not be appeased. I believe you will not be disappointed. Susan

Susan, I really appreciate your message. I 've been frantically awaiting it. My husband was just talking about FL yesterday and I thought about OLCC. I value your opinion and I believe we will have an awesome time. Thanks and I hope to be back sometime in July with a good report. Have a GREAT day!! Felicia

GRAB YOUR SUNTAN LOTION AND HAVE FUN, we have gone to orange lake for 12 years and find it very accomadating relaxing and fun all at the same time, depending on what you want to do. 1 bad expieience for every 10,000 good,sorry it happened glad it was not to me