Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What should a new owner do first when renting? (by Michael F.):

I recently rented out my lock- off unit at a Marriott resort ( in Park City Utah) using Redweek. I am renting to 2 different parties for different rates and different stay durations. I am VERY happy wth the Redweek system. First I created 2 separate rental ads on the Redweek site. Then , after a couple of e-mails back and forth using the Redweek e-mal systems , renters agreed to my asking prices. It was only listed for 2 weeks and rented 30 days in advance of the use dates.

My original plan was to rent 1/2 and use the other 1/2 but my plans changed due to work obligations , so I had to rent both sections out .

I though about using the escrow payment system, (which is probably a good idea) but I asked for 1/2 the payment up front , with a second check dated the day after the week was over ( in advance) covering the second part of the rental.

I now have full payment in advance ( holding 1/2 for a month or so) at a total amount that was greater than the amount I got from Marriott when they rented it for a me a couple of years ago.

I didn't need to do anything about my original reservation at the Marriott until I had renters identified, then it just took a phone call to give them the new names and dates. Everything was then adjusted accordingly.

I will definitely use this service in the futuere since I plan to rent 1/2 of the unit and use the other half for skiing almost every year. That works better than trying to swap this unit for anything else that I like.

johnm13 wrote:
Hi,

I am a new owner and I would like to rent out one half of my two bed lockout. Could anyone tell me what is the process and what I should look out for?

Thanks,

John