Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I can't tell how many points they are selling (by Rachel O.):

lanitap wrote:
I am a FF Owner and a Sheraton Vistana owner. I have been on numerous FF Sales pitches and I own 311,000 pts plus I pic into Fairfield my Sheraton Vistana for 154,000 pts. I bought new and resale. The price new were:

105,000 pts - bi-annual - $6500 in 2004 and Myrtle Beach 154,000 pts - annual - $21,400 in 2006 at Bonnet Creek - if you purchase at FF Bonnet Creek they try to make you buy 189,000 @ 27,500.

My resale was purchase at www.holidaygroup.com for 105,000 pts-annual at FF Nashville - $2500

Note: - You must buy new to belong to Plus Parters where you can use points for tickets, car rental, airfare, hotel rental - You must buy new to become VIP and above where you get additional discounts - however if you buy resale first they will let you combine with a new purchase if you demand it.

Good luck. If you just want to use the points to book timeshare I would buy resale, then if you like it I would purchase new to pull your portfolio together

We went recently to a timeshare presentation at Wyndham resorts and were told if you bought a resale you would have to use that resort as a weeks resort only. You could only go there on a the week that you own each year. I wrote to a gentleman that was selling a Wyndham Resort on e-bay and he said that wasn't true you can buy a resale and some of his resorts that he was trying to sell came with so many fairfield points depended on the resort. You then could use those points to go to other Wyndham-Fairfield Resorts. Now if I'm understanding you right you can buy a resale of Fairfield and obtain points you just never could get the benefits of a VIP statis and be able to check in early and upgrade without any costs ect. So you would have to buy from a developer if you wanted any of these perks? I'm trying to understand this so if we do buy a Wyndham-Fairfield Resort we make a well educated decision. Thanks Rachel