Vallarta Gardens

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Vallarta Gardens (by KC):

williamf640 wrote:
As I mentioned in my initial comment, Barclays has previously been convicted in a court of law for being involved in timeshare frauds, so they are very familiar with how the financial transactions pertaining to timeshare fraud work. Transactions that Barclays have processed for VG for tens of thousands of dollars as part of their fraud, include transaction descriptions that in no way, shape, or form indicate a fractional ownership (timeshare) transaction - such as “Booze Cruise” or “Holiday Payment”. These types of transactions clearly are a red flag that Barclays’ fraud and compliance department should be further investigating, especially in light of their previous convictions for timeshare fraud. Basically, Barclays failed to protect its consumers involved in the VG timeshare scam given their past involvement in these types of frauds.

Interesting, but very confusing. I frankly still don’t see the “scam” or “fraud” if the amount of money charged to a credit card for a voluntary personal expenditure by the card holder (i.e., down payment on a timeshare purchase) is correct, but maybe I am just missing something here. In any case, I wish you luck.