Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Very few answering rental requests? (by Marty F):

nannerfl wrote:
I must have sent out at least 10 requests for an Orlando rental for my dates in May in the last week. I've gotten three replies! (one I didn't care for the resort they offered BTDT and it wasn't a good experience...the other was much higher than advertised price. (?) Last one date not available) What's up lately? I've been renting once, twice, three times a year here for probably the last 9 years and never had this problem before. Always at least got a "sorry your dates aren't available" type email.

So what is a renter to do besides be frustrated?

Another question I have is how can prices for the same place (example ones offered not for certain dates but for the whole year) vary so much in price? One resort that is a fav of ours I see ranges from 750 to 1500. Yes all are equal in that they are 2 bed/2bath. Just wondering about this. I can understand making a few bucks. No problem with that at all! But double prices for the same thing? Do these high priced ones really rent?

From looking at your account it may be that some of the postings were floating and the week you need was not available. I also noticed that some of the postings you inquired about said in the "details" area that the price was for weeks further out then 60 days. This might have been the price difference. Some of the inquiries were sent less then one week away which we generally give owners one week to reply. If you still don't hear back from them please email support@redweek.com.

Thank you, Marty