Diamond Resorts

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts (by David H.):

We sold our timeshare back to Diamond this year. Besides getting banged for the maintenance fees for the full year they also conveniently forgot to tell us that "the Club" fees we paid were also non refundable. Paid us less than half to take this burden off our hands but also took us for the outstanding for things we will NEVER use.(when will I use the Club in the next six months) Very shady business if you ask me. Emails are answered in a very slow manner and with as little info as possible. I cc'd the owner Stephen Cloobeck; when I sent back the missive of my disgust with the whole buyback procedure. I have yet to hear back from him or his contact jockeys.(although I received an automated response that he would read and answer every email) This has left an even nastier taste in our mouths and the realization that 90% of these companies are a fleece operation, nothing more. Do the REAL math and you will find that even if you stay at the same place over and over again this doesn't pay. We paid an exorbitant amount for one week which we had to supplement with maintenance fees and all the other fees. Those realistically worked out to be more than if we were to rent the same resort, through redweek; for a full month of weeks. With all the deals and bargains on the internet one can really save and stay in quality places without maintenance fees, club fees or upfront realty fees. I am again a happy traveler. See you somewhere soon!

PS if you are looking to buy a timeshare watch redweek for deals and only buy newer units with low maintenance fees.