Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts (by Delores T.):

Hi We are new owners of OL since April 2007 2 bed/ 2 bath in the new section in the same as where the penthouse is. My brother in law and sister in laws have been members since 1998. We have often gone with them as family trips and now that we have a family of our own wanted our own condo.

What sold me the most was we were told in the meeting that they would be opening a Orange Lake Myrtle Beach. And said it would be so easy for us to get a place there thru RCI. In the end you would only have to speak to an OL representative and they would handle all the exchange details whether within an OL affiliated resort or with RCI. We were so excited I even said we are planning on going the last week of June 08. The rep said No problem call us and we will handle everything. What a joke...... We got back from there and in October 07 we called to make our reservations for June 21-28th, 08 and to my dismay I couldn't get a thing and was then told I needed to book 1 yr to 15 months a head of time. However I could con't calling. Trust me when I say I called weekly til April and then was offered through RCI I could pay a fee on my CC and they could find me a place It may not be in the area I wanted I asked for 6 different places near where my family was staying. By then I was so upset why wasn't I told this the first time I called back in Oct I would of then considered butting the finders fee on my CC and be reimbused if they didn't find what I wanted. This year the first time in 5yrs we didn't go to Myrtle Beach, SC with my family because why pay for another condo when we was supposely be just fine and go through RCI and use our points.

We now have points that are going to expire and we have not got another trip planed til Nov 09 at OL. Any suggestions???

Not once were we ever told we needed to make reservations 1 yr a head of time and then I last talked with a Global Access Rep/OL rep I was told that they have no future plans of opening in Myrtle Beach because of just opening in Pamana City and Vermont. We ( My husband and I ) are very disappointed and even considering selling. Delores T