Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Diamond Resorts International Has Hijacked my Interval International Account (by Charles S.):

susani67 wrote:
robertr558 wrote:
I am a long-standing member of II with a timeshare resort not affiliated with DRI. But sine I got involved with DRI, a big mistake, II will not talk to me at all. They say I have to call Diamond for all transactions.

I recently received an offer in the mail to provide me an additional resort accommodation certificate if I deposited my non-DRI resort week. I made that deposit through the II web site, it has been confirmed, but I did not receive the resort accommodation certificate. II absolutely refuses to talk to me about it.

I called DRI and they were useless. I spent over a half hour on the phone with them and they could not even become aware of the offer. This is mail fraud. II also refuses to escalate my issue to a higher level for resolution. I am very disappointed with Interval International. How did Interval International allow Diamond Resorts to have sole control over my membership, including my non-DRI resort? This is outrageous!

DRI does not allow me to deposit my DRI week for two years as my other resort does. My maintenance fees have risen 42% since Diamond took over ILX, the company from whom I purchased this timeshare at Los Abrigados. I am expecting another increase next year.

Do not ever become involved with Diamond Resorts International!

I just found out about DRI having their own Interval Department also, and was mad as hell. They want to control every benefit from owning a timeshare to their own advantage. That usually means you get very little if anything at all to trade for. If you live in California, lodge a complaint with the Attorney General's Public Inquiry Unit. Contact AG's Offices in other states to get guidance through the complaint process. Am currently looking into a complaint with AZ Dept of Real Estate, as we own in Sedona, also.

What is the problem with them having a customer service desk for their members? Marriott has one too? Why would you be angry?