Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New to Red Week..just a little skeptical.. (by RaShae W.):

Hi,

I have been an owner since 2005, and have been every year since then. I have a floating 1/1 unit that varies, but I never have a problem getting the unit I request (a corner facing the water). I'm not picky about whether it faces the marina or the bridge as long as it faces the water. That is all about preference, and quite frankly you really won't be spending much time in the villa to really notice the difference.

You are correct, the MF are slowly creeping, but it will take a few years for them to reach 2K. I started out paying ~$1200 in 2005, so it's not a huge jump (unless something serious happens to cause a spike). It is most definitely cheaper than you will ever pay to stay at the Beach Towers for a whole week...with no full kitchen, washing machine, etc.

I have learned a few tips and tricks to save money on the meals and beverages. I pack a separate carry-on suitcase with dry goods such as oatmeal, cereal, spaghetti noodles, snacks, seasonings, etc. The last couple years I did a grocery run to get stuff you can't carry-on like liquid, perishable items, lunch meat, etc. I cooked enough food to last at least 2.5 days for lunch and dinner for 2 people. There is also a Chinese restaurant called Double Dragon that does family-style delivery. You can do about $35 worth of take-out to last several meals as well. Any of the restaurants you visit at the Fish Fry gives you enough food for 3 people - doggie bag!! As for the alcohol, there are duty-free liquor stores everywhere. Buy a couple of bottles of what you want along with your juice/mixers and some SOLO cups and you're feeling nice all week. You should never have to eat at the hotel for anything unless you absolutely want to splurge on something specific.

Being an owner affords me the opportunity to take a trip to the Bahamas like I'm headed to Vegas for the weekend...and I live in Cali. You will definitely see the rewards once you familiarize yourself with the process. Happy sunning!!

toddh181 wrote:
Thankyou for the detailed response!! The only thing holding me back from purchasing a week is the maintenance fee for a 1/1 which is currently around $1,600- I'm sure this would crawl up to 2k in no time...it's still cheaper than paying to stay there though. The other concern is non-existent all inclusive packages at this location, could be an extremely pricey week with everything out of pocket, never mind alcoholic beverages. I'm going to take your advice and visit first!!

Thanks again, Todd