Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Hungry scammers.... (by KC):

veras36 wrote:
I’ve had calls from several different companies asking me to talk to their ‘agent’ to see if I would qualify to get help to get out of my time share. When I ask them to send me a brochure on their company, I am told they do not have anything but they have a good review with their BBC and I can check out their website. I don’t trust them; should I be so paranoid?

You previously mentioned still owing $10,000 on a timeshare loan. Please understand very clearly that NO ONE ON PLANET EARTH can do ANYTHING about the fact that you once freely and voluntarily CHOSE to enter into that legally binding contractual obligation. I sympathize with your plight and I know that you would like for there to be some easy, magical escape, but please understand very clearly that NO such magical escape exists. Paying money to some parasite operation ready to take advantage of your desperation is not going to change those indisputable facts and will ultimately yield ZERO results.

I am not offering you legal advice and I am not providing input which is intended as a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a licensed attorney in your own geographic area. Nonetheless, I will point out that since your Wyndham product is not now (and was never previously) worth $10,000, you can make the personal decision to simply default on the loan and not pay Wyndham another penny --- ever.

If you make that decision, there will be negative credit report consequences for about seven years, but you would also STOP paying money into something whose remaining loan balance far exceeds its' actual past, current or future value. I'm betting that $10,000 could be put to much better use in your life than throwing it at a greedy corporation, when the "product" you are making payments on is worth only a very few hundred dollars at most, and may actually be worth absolutely nothing at all. Even if it was paid off in full (which it is not), you would be hard pressed to find a willing new recipient in the resale market today.

Consider too the ongoing annual maintenance fee costs that you will continue to incur. You are in a difficult spot and you are faced with a difficult choice. You should really think long and hard about whether you want to place another $10,000 into Wyndham's pockets (Wyndham issues its' own loans "in house"). Whatever you have paid so far is gone forever no matter what you do, but you can still choose to stop any and all FUTURE financial drain.

Good luck. DO NOT waste a moment of your time (or a penny of your money) on ANY of those expensive and useless "exit / relief / escape / rescue" parasites. You have a loan obligation and NONE of them can help you in ANY way regarding that unpaid loan balance. The sole intent and purpose of such hungry parasites is simply to take money from desperate, vulnerable or gullible people. Please do not become one of those people.