Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Trying to get rid of the Grandview Las Vegas (by KC):

michellea449 wrote:
Here we are near the end of the year. I am going to give my timeshare away and use LT Transfers to complete the paperwork. I have not yet paid the 2018 maintenance fees. Do I need to?

Well, SOMEONE needs to pay the 2018 maintenance fee bill --- and pay it before too long from now. Whether you pay it or whether your new "grantee" pays it is strictly a matter between the two of you to decide and agree upon.

That being said, it will take some time (figure on about 6 weeks) for closing, deed recording and resort transfer acknowledgement to all be fully completed. The 2018 maintenance bills are already out and generally due by 01 January --- and will be regarded as delinquent if not paid by (typically) 01 February. Late charge (typically $25 and interest (often 18% per annum) will almost certainly apply after February 01. It would behoove you to make sure the 2018 fees get paid before becoming delinquent, one way or another, by whomever you and your future "grantee" agree upon. If you are giving the ownership away for free and the new grantee is going to have the 2018 usage, it seems reasonable that the new grantee should perhaps be the one to pay the 2018 maintenance fees. However, I don't know just how much interest or demand there might be for your particular week (even when offered for free), so I don't really know much "leverage" you have on that point. It's entirely a matter for discussion, negotiation and resolution directly between you and the recipient-to-be.