Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I can't tell how many points they are selling (by David P.):

Be careful, very, very careful when you are getting a sales pitch at a Wyndham resort or any other timeshare company for that matter. It's not that salesmen, who tend to be very friendly and charming, necessarily lie to you, but they resort to half truths and purposely fail to disclose a lot of infomation you may not like. They don't tell you these timeshares are virtually worthless once you pay thousands of $ to make a purchase. And they don't tell you that the week or weeks will be the responsibility of your next of kin once you're gone. I recently gave away six timeshare weeks, including four weeks at Worldmark/Windham at a beautiful oceanfront property in Depot Bay, OR., to charity. That's more than $6,000 in annual fees I dumped. I didn't want my kids to be stuck down the road with the outragious rising maintenance/homeowners dues. I also own four Marriott weeks and belong to their Vacation Club that allows me to convert the weeks to points that can be used at any of the great Marriott resorts. I don't know for sure, but think you have a better chance of getting some compensation back for selling a Marriott property.