What a DUMP

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Orange Lake Country Club reviews (by Susan W.):

timh98 wrote:
I don't normally complain but I thought I should post a note here so others don't fall trap to this resort. Don't look at the pictures and assume you will be staying in the new section. Much of the resort is over 20 years old and more importantly, very poorly maintained. If you read some of the notes in the ratings you will see some of the same problems I had with the resort. Filthy bug infested condo's that were furnished with old appliances and furniture. The condo was so dirty I thought they forgot to clean it over the past SEVERAL rentals. The staff was rude and would not acknowledge my complaints until I threatened to post my pictures on the internet. How RCI rates this as a Gold Crown resort is beyond me. I was so mad I cancelled my 15 year membership with RCI. When I complained to them they said I should have not been so worried about the unit age and cleanliness as I was in Orlando and should not have been spending much time at the unit anyway! Hence, they acknowledged the problem but turned their heads. All I can say is for those rating this as a 5 star, either they stayed in the new section or where they live must be something less then I am accustomed to. Consequently I can't really say I stayed there as I left the resort before nightfall and stayed in a hotel for that week.
Whoa, Tim. You must have had a bad experience cuz you're mad! We got into a smoking unit the first time and it was evening, couldn't see the beautifully maintained grounds and amenities; we went to the desk and politely complained. We were moved to a beautiful unit which we have been going to for five years since. In fact we now own a week at OLCC so we can go back. We get three units for our family and I can tell you, you have missed a real treat at Orange Lake if you have kids or grandkids. We spend many weeks there each year. It is a great place, the staff if accommodating and fast to serve and maintain. We have nothing but rave reviews from family and friends. As we are in the hospitality business ourselves, I KNOW it is difficult to meet everyone's expectations. OLCC is redoing the units you disliked but most are very nice and 5 star as advertised. Too bad you didn't stick around.