Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts (by Garret C.):

suzannes39, we bought a 3br unit in River Island last year and in the process concerted our 2br west village over to points as well. I am very familiar with RCI, having used it for years.

O.K., the good news is that the people in customer service at Global access are fantastic now. I booked through them last year and it was a bit sketchy. I recently booked through them again, and the few people were very friendly, and very helpful for internal (orange lake) exchanges.

Now for the bad news, when you are booking an RCI exchange i'm fairly certain you are just transfered to an RCI representative that handles Orange lakes owners exclusively. The RCI agent is given your point value, and you start your search. The really bad news is that so far as I can tell you can not yet use the online search functions available on the RCI website. This is a real problem since dealing with RCI on the phone is sheer torture. One of the very few things I liked about RCI was the online search tool. Being able to put in a search, and wait fo a match was very convenient. Sure, if I couldn't get what I wanted from an ongoing online search, sometimes I would call and get lucky with an agent assisted search, but being forced to go this route is a problem for me. I brought this up with Global, and they assure me this is "being worked on", but it's been a year, and still no online tool. If you do lots of RCI trades, just keep this in mind as it is a decrease in service of sorts when you convert.

Good Luck.