Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts (by Brian W.):

billc196 wrote:
We bought 2 Bd unit in River Island last year and used it for the first time this year. At the "Owners Orientation" which was a sales pitch for another unit, they want to sell me a week in the Ascutny VT resort, every other year, for about $20,000, which would have bumped me up to a VIP status (500,000) points. This means I would have the 300,000 points available every other year, but they would count as the full 300,000 points towards my "status" in Global Access and Orange Lake. I was told this was a bargain because the unit I paid $25,000 for last year (w/ Global membership) was now going for over $38,000 (a 50% increase in one year...in this economy) and initially said yes, but had to get the kids back to the pool so I would have to return to sign the papers. In the meantime I encountered a guy at the pool who bought the day before for $1000 less than I paid a year earlier. I was pissed and called off the deal...which made the sales women pissed.

In the meantime, I called their 800 number and was told that if I bought a unit on the open market (like through this web site), I would have to buy another unit _though Orange Lake_ to convert the 'open market' unit to points (!?!?!?!?). At no time was I offered to pay to upgrade the unit to points. What I was offered was the opportunity to buy an every-other-year-deal in Panama City for $11,000 (giving me 153,000 additional points). I said I would think about it. I was called back two days later...the price had dropped to $9,100 + they'd pay closing costs ($800) + they'd throw in a "maintenance incentive" of $400.

So far I have not done anything. It's all a little weird.

get all things said in wrighting,when i through orange lake they made everything sound so good but guess what?No one had anything in writing and they denyed all.