Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Question concerning "Webuytimeshares.com" (by Carvan A.):

cynthia281 wrote:
Carvana, why not just give the week away? You can advertise it on Redweek or many other sites and just give it to someone.

I was going to sell an off-season week we have owned for 20 years, because we have all red weeks and only that one blue week. We advertised it for $500 and received several inquiries within a two-week period. Then we basically gave it to our former foster son who wanted to use it, just to go to Orlando. He exchanged into a 3 bedroom Gold Crown for September. His total cost was $416 maintenance fee and the exchange fee. He is very happy to own this week.

I think many younger people would appreciate a free week as an introduction to great vacations, so that is one option I can recommend to you.

Cynthia, giving the unit away to a friend or relative is really not an option in that the maintenance fee/special assessment fees ($1,500 per year) far exceed the fair rental value of the property and will for the forseeable future. Either of my three married sons would jump at a gift of the unit if the fees were only $416 a year but not at three times that amount when they could rent a comparable unit for considerably less. Carvana