Diamond Resorts

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Diamond Resorts -- another reason not to buy a timeshare with them. (by Louise B.):

Once before they didn't process my automatic deduct mortgage payment. Since then, I always keep on eye on my account to make sure the payment is processed on time. Now, guess what, it's happened again, only, to make matters worse, this one is for the final mortgage payment.

So I call to pay it by phone, since their response to e-mails generated from their website is a joke.

Obviously, the final payment is going to be a different amount than what has been the standard monthly payment. But their phone payment system won't accept an amount that is different -- even though it is the amount of your final payment. As I cycle through their voice mail system, I get 3 different messages for my account -- one saying the payment is past due, another saying no payment is pending, and then another, stating the final payoff amount. I spent 30 MINUTES FIGURING OUT HOW TO GET PAST THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM. Then got put on hold for 10 minutes.

I finally got a clerk to take my payment information. The worst part is, if a payment is not automatically processed as it is supposed to be, Diamond Resorts will not make any attempt to notify you, even though the failure to process is on their end. They will just keep racking up the late payment fees and make you fight to get the penalties that you are entitled to rescinded.

NEVER, NEVER, DO BUSINESS WITH DIAMOND RESORTS.