Loss of VIP Status

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Loss of VIP Status (by Mary D.):

lanitap wrote:
What's next our PIC points??? Did anyone hear how they may be affected?
======== The current Directory refers to a limit of 2 PICs per owner. It mentioned specifically that a 2BR lock-off could be PICed as one 2BR or as two 1BR, but two 1BR would be considered two PICs.

However, I don't think they can legally void PICs added to FF contracts before this policy change. The sales people may not be very happy about this change because they sometimes urged folks to buy more points direct from FF in order to add PIC weeks already owned elsewhere and get them all "under one roof". Unfortunately, this became a way for many to try turning trash into treasure.

I just ran into a related revelation on the Bluegreen Owners site. They had just learned at the Annual BG Meeting that Bluegreen is buying back banked weeks from RCI in order to expand availability at high use times. They think BG is "buying" their own weeks back in exchange for the AIM weeks they get. AIM is very much like PIC. We know FF/W sends PIC weeks to RCI and I thought RCI might be renting them, but perhaps FF/W is using some of them to buy back some of their own weeks! MD