Point Systems

Loss of VIP Status

Sep 20, 2007

Has anyone else gotten their letter from Wyndham telling them their resale points no longer qualify them for VIP status? This was always the rule but now it is really being enforced. Is this legal? Is the directory they send out considered a "Legal document"?

Denise R.
Sep 20, 2007

66_stingray wrote:
Has anyone else gotten their letter from Wyndham telling them their resale points no longer qualify them for VIP status? This was always the rule but now it is really being enforced. Is this legal? Is the directory they send out considered a "Legal document"?

According to Andy ( 2,000,000+ points & weeks) a moderator on the Wyndham Forums at www.tugbbs.com owners who bought resale prior to a certain date were grandfathered into the VIP program.

Additionally, owners of resale groups of points have been allowed to purchase a small group of developer priced points and have the salesperson add to the CONTRACT that all owned points (including previous purchased resale points) would be included in the VIP program.

You can check the tug Wyndham Forums. The Wydham Owners Group (Fairfield mostly, not Trendwest/Worldmark or Equivest) that was on the Yahoo (e groups) has gotten too big for Yahoo to handle. They are attempting to move the entire Yahoo board to a dedicated Jel Soft type message BBS. (Unfortunately, they are not sticking to the subject, and many forums will slow the site down....BUT...there are many super smart Fairfield Owners there that will help you. This group is so strong that when Cendant ran Fairfield, they had an influence in some of the dealings.

Its just been started, but see if you can find a focused forum here on the Wyndham problem you have asked:

http://forums.atozed.com/

(If you want the Yahoo Groups e mail. repost. But I think it will be closed down in the next several months)

Kenneth K.
Sep 23, 2007

First of all Wyndam/Fairfield had that statement in our books from 2002 when I first purchased my resale. I also bought resale points and decided to upgrade in order to pull all of my resorts under 1 deed and to get the VIP (Gold) status, and lower my maintence fees by $500 a year. They used my resale resorts which were purchased UDI and rolled all of them up with my 154,000 pts purchase at Bonnet Creek into 1 deed. That was the only way I was able to be VIP Gold. Not only did the salesperson state that but the people in Customer Service and Contracts stated that too me way before I decided to roll all of my points into 1 deed.

Lanita P.
Sep 23, 2007

Kekouri,

I don't know if this is a sign, but the Yahoo auction board sailed off in the Sunset tonight.

BTW, 66_stingray, don't fret about not being a VIP. When I was a medical student the acronym VIP meant voluntary interruption of pregnancy (therapeutic abortion). So the next time you hear this term, smile and remember what it stands for.

Carrie S.
Sep 24, 2007

Yep! My friend got hers yesterday and was not happy at all. However, the only true benefits of VIP is the 25% discount if you book within 60days and the free upgrade. I usually bank 28K weeks and book what sized units I want. I don't like a lot of the changes the Wyndam is making, and I know my friend says she will not purchase another point "new" from them.

Lanita P.
Sep 24, 2007

What's next our PIC points??? Did anyone hear how they may be affected?

Lanita P.
Sep 24, 2007

I just noticed on the Interval Site that they are now indicating the Hollywood Beach Resort ( a pretty much dumpy place run (???) by Ramada now has the name Wynhdam Hollywood Beach Resort Hotel.

Warning....this is not near a Wyndham ( or most FF) resorts quality....it needs help real bad.

No one on any internet site I've ever read shows the VIP program to be worth the difference in cost between the developer or the resale.

Yesterday, on E Bay, there was a set of points (189,000) at a bid of $388.00. I think it closes tonite....Its a Sea Garden, 2 bed 2 bath.... I figure if it goes for $500.00, that might be about 1/2 cent a point????

What you need to consider is the maint fees, ins & taxes....looked to be pushing $800 total.

Kenneth K.
Sep 26, 2007

lanitap wrote:
What's next our PIC points??? Did anyone hear how they may be affected?
======== The current Directory refers to a limit of 2 PICs per owner. It mentioned specifically that a 2BR lock-off could be PICed as one 2BR or as two 1BR, but two 1BR would be considered two PICs.

However, I don't think they can legally void PICs added to FF contracts before this policy change. The sales people may not be very happy about this change because they sometimes urged folks to buy more points direct from FF in order to add PIC weeks already owned elsewhere and get them all "under one roof". Unfortunately, this became a way for many to try turning trash into treasure.

I just ran into a related revelation on the Bluegreen Owners site. They had just learned at the Annual BG Meeting that Bluegreen is buying back banked weeks from RCI in order to expand availability at high use times. They think BG is "buying" their own weeks back in exchange for the AIM weeks they get. AIM is very much like PIC. We know FF/W sends PIC weeks to RCI and I thought RCI might be renting them, but perhaps FF/W is using some of them to buy back some of their own weeks! MD

Mary D.
Sep 28, 2007

Thanks for the update on PIC. I only have 1 PIC and I am done with upgrades and new purchases until I retire as I now get more than enough vacations a year.

Lanita P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.