Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Can I Deposit a Week which starts in less than 90 days? (by Jordyn M.):

jayjay wrote:
sandyeh wrote:
Does it matter which company your resort is affiliated with when you become a member of an exchange company? I own Orange Lake, and I believe it is RCI, so could I join II instead? Are there any advantages of one over the other? I had not joined a company up to this point as the plan was just to use the TS we purchased ourselves, but as we have found out, life changes plans! Thanks~

Yes, it matters which exchange company your resort is affiliated with. Orange Lake is affiliated with RCI only, however many resorts are affiliated with both RCI and II.

You might also consider using Redweek's exchange system as they take both RCI and II resorts.

Definitely correct. Although many resorts are affiliated with both companies, some only do one or the other. RCI will take your unit 14 days in advance (Although your trading value will not be that great.) II requires 60 days advance notice. If you are within 60 days and want to go with II- they may allow you to make an "on use" deposit. Meaning they will tentatively allow you to deposit your week, but will only make the deposit permanent if they can find somebody who will travel on it. If they can't find somebody to take it- your week is no longer deposited. Call your resort and see if they will let you exchange the week internally with them. They may take your week if they have other members interested in it and allow you to travel at another time.