Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Trying to get rid of the Grandview Las Vegas (by KC):

michellea449 wrote:
I have tried selling, no luck. I have never used my week there, only traded points through RCI. Fees are just getting too expensive, especially since I lost my job. Want to just donate it.

I contacted the property and got the "we do not take back units" response. They are part of Vacation Village? Fees paid to Daily Management.

Any suggestions? Has anyone ever used http://timesharedonations.us/?

No legitimate entity on Planet Earth accepts timeshares as a "donation". Why would they? After all, It would be a unwanted and unwelcome financial burden and liability for them --- just exactly as it is now for you. It's an attempt to unload a financial liability; it's not a "gift".

I would suggest attempting to give it away for free in the Bargain Deals section of Timeshare Users Group. You might have to offer to pay the closing costs and any transfer fee yourself. I don't personally know the property at all, but many people seem to believe that the maintenance fees to points ratio at Grandview Las Vegas is actually among the most favorable to be found anywhere. I don't claim to know if that' belief is true, but I've certainly seen that claim repeated many times. Check it out on TUG. Good luck.