Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Selling Wyndham Bonnet Creek (by Lance C.):

edb410 wrote:
How do I value my time share? The sale prices on ebay and tug2 are very low, a few hundred dollars, while sellmytimeshare.com and Redweek reflects prices in the thousands. Which is correct? I don't want the hassle of trying to sell it myself. I am contemplating using Redweek's full-service but they charge $125 plus $18.99 (membership) and 3% commission or $399, which ever is greater. That's over $500. I don't know if it will sell for that much.

One suggestion that is often mentioned is to log into your E-Bay account (if you have one) and look for units at the particular resort where you own. Look for completed (not active) listings to see for how much they sold. That will give you a rough idea of what your unit is worth on the resale market. You might see the hard reality that some listings closed without garnering any bids. Some might have sold for only $1 and, in some of these cases, the owner offered to pay closing costs and even the next maintenance fee.

The reason why you see Sell My Timeshare Now (SMTN) and RedWeek listing for so high is because many of the owners are either ignorant or delusional about the resale value of their timeshares. SMTN is notorious for baiting owners to list for unreasonably high selling prices to justify their more unreasonably high listing fees.

Whatever you do, follow the cardinal rule of selling timeshares. Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. Those are scams.