Nov 01, 2007

Can anyone tell me how the weather is at this resort in late November since it is on the Pacif Coast.

Linda lea W.
Nov 01, 2007

lindaleaw wrote:
Can anyone tell me how the weather is at this resort in late November since it is on the Pacif Coast.

I went last year the week before Thanksgiving....high 80's to low 90's....70ish at night. Beautiful!! I'm going this year the day after Thanksgiving and I expect it will be much the same. Can't wait!!

Christ A.
Nov 01, 2007

Thanks, for the respnse. We are going the day after Thanksgiving also and my 19 year old son is giving me a lot a grief about it is going to be cold and boring at the "old Folks" resort. We have usually gone in Sept., but decided to go in Nov. so that he could join us.

Any advice on what to do with a 19 year old or where would be a good place for him to meet others his age during this time.

Linda lea W.
Nov 02, 2007

lindaleaw wrote:
Thanks, for the respnse. We are going the day after Thanksgiving also and my 19 year old son is giving me a lot a grief about it is going to be cold and boring at the "old Folks" resort. We have usually gone in Sept., but decided to go in Nov. so that he could join us.

Any advice on what to do with a 19 year old or where would be a good place for him to meet others his age during this time.

I totally agree with Christa. November is really a beautiful time to go. It has been in the 80's the two times I went in November. I have been there the first week of December and we had one day that was "cold" in the 60's; but the rest was 70's to 80's. Howeve, I'm not sure what to tell you about your 19 year old. There's lots of partying in downtown Cabo, but I don't think letting your child "loose" there is a good idea.

Nancy R.
Nov 02, 2007

Letting him loose there is my fear also. I am afriad I am going to have to go downtown with my book and a book light and sit outside the bars to keep and eye on him.

Hopefully there will be some other younger visiters at the resort.

Linda lea W.
Nov 02, 2007

lindaleaw wrote:
Letting him loose there is my fear also. I am afriad I am going to have to go downtown with my book and a book light and sit outside the bars to keep and eye on him.

Hopefully there will be some other younger visiters at the resort.

He can always stay home! :)

Seriously....sign him up for the ATV tour...he'll probably really like it.

Christ A.
Nov 07, 2007

WE GO EVERY YEAR AT THANKSGIVING AND HAVE HAD THE BEST WEATHER.........WE HAVE MISSED TWICE AND GONE SOMEWHERE ELSE AND LOW AND BEHOLD, IT RAINED IN CABO FOR A WEEK EACH TIME.........WE ARE HEADED THERE FOR THE WEEK BEFORE THANKSGIVING , AND THANKSGIVING WEEK,THIS YEAR, AND EXPECT THE BEST........ AS FOR YOUR 19 YEAR OLD, WE HAVE TAKEN ALL AGES TO CABO FOR YEARS TO THE SUNSET AND THEY TAKE THE SHUTTLE INTO THE ROSE, AND THEN WALK FROM THERE TO TOWN......IT IS A SHORT WALK, BESIDES, MEDANO BEACH IS RIGHT THERE, AND I SUGGEST THAT YOUR 19 YEAR OLD WILL FIND ALL OF THE PEOPLE HIS OWN AGE RIGHT THERE AT THE MANGO DECK OR THE OFFICE OR ANY OF THE OTHER PLACES ALONG THE PUBLIC BEACH........JET SKIS, BOAT TAXIS TO LOVERS BEACH TO SNORKLE, PARRASAILING,KIACKS, ON AND ON. THE SHUTTLE COMES BACK TO THE SUNSET ON THE HOUR OR SO, FROM THE ROSE, AND STOPS EARLY IN THE EVENING, SO I SUGGEST IF YOU PLAN AN EVENING IN TOWN FOR DINNER,AND THEN PERHAPS SOME FUN AT SQUID ROE, TAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO TAKE A TAXI BACK TO THE SUNSET........SOME FOLKS THAT WE TOOK THERE FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS HAVE SONS THAT ARE 22, AND 17.........THE 17 YEAR OLD BEGGED HIS MOM TO TAKE HE AND HIS GRADUATING FRIENDS TO CABO IN JUNE, AND GUESS WHAT........HE INSISTED THAT THEY GET THEIR ROOMS AT THE SUNSET.......HE COULD NOT BE CONVINCED THAT HE WOULD BE HAPPIER IF HE STAYED CLOSER TO TOWN WITH THE BUDDIES........HIS COMMENT WAS THAT THE TRIP WOULD NOT BE THE SAME IF THEY COULDN'T HAVE THE SUNSET EXPERIANCE ALONG WITH THE REST OF IT........HE AND HIS BROTHER LOVE ALL OF THE STAFF THERE AND THE DIFFERENT LOCATIONS OF THE POOLS.......THE FOOD IS THE BEST AND THEY MET LOTS OF YOUNG PEOPLE TO GO TO TOWN WITH IF THEY FELT LIKE IT.........GO AND ENJOY, LET US KNOW HOW IT WENT..........

Pamela M.
Nov 08, 2007

Thank you for al the advice. I am hoping he will be able to find some visitors at the Sunset his age and he can go downtown with them.

I myself can not imagine staying anywhere else. Far away from downtown, but close enough to go if one wants.

Last time when my visitors all went downtown to party, I went to the Rose and hung out in the pool. It is great to be able to use their facilities also. It is like you have a room at two differnent holtels since you can go into the SPA to shower and change. You do not even have to bring shampoo becasue they will supply it.

As for the ATV, I think I will sign us both up. Last trip I was on crutches, so stayed close to the pools. I hope to have a little more adventure this trip. I just have to convince my son I am GOOD company......

Linda lea W.
Apr 17, 2008

Just came in #9 in Mexico on Conde Nast Gold List. Some Four Seasons place in Cancun came in #10 to put some perspective on it. THIS IS THE BEST TIMESHARE IN CABO.....THE PUEBLO EMERALD BAY in Mazatlan came in #11 on the list also.

I'd say the Playa Grande is #2.

Chris S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.